[CarbonTracker] CarbonTracker CT2013B is released

CarbonTracker announcements carbontracker at list.woc.noaa.gov
Mon Feb 9 23:11:57 UTC 2015

Dear CarbonTracker Users,

We are pleased to announce the availability of CarbonTracker CT2013B.  This release is a significant update to our flux and mole fraction estimates through the end of calendar year 2012.

This update was motivated by a major revision to simulated atmospheric transport in the TM5 model.  A revised method for handling convective fluxes has significantly improved TM5's simulation of sulfur hexafluoride observations, and also has resulted in major changes to regional flux estimates.  Notably, our estimates of CO2 uptake by the N. American temperate and European regions have been sharply reduced.  Read about this at http://carbontracker.noaa.gov/index.php#CT2013B_methods.

CT2013B is available now at http://carbontracker.noaa.gov.  Fluxes, mole fractions, and other data products may be downloaded from ftp://aftp.cmdl.noaa.gov/products/carbontracker/co2/CT2013B.

Best Regards,

Andy Jacobson
for the CarbonTracker Team