[CarbonTracker] CT-NRT v2017

CarbonTracker announcements carbontracker at list.woc.noaa.gov
Tue Sep 5 23:03:43 UTC 2017

Dear Colleagues,

The latest revision of CarbonTracker Near-Real Time (CT-NRT) is now available at
http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/carbontracker/CT-NRT/.  This version, CT-NRT.v2017, runs from mid-December 2015 (near the end of CT2016) through the end of available meteorology currently, April 2017). Surface fluxes and 3-D mole fraction fields are available for download at ftp://aftp.cmdl.noaa.gov/products/carbontracker/co2/CT-NRT/.

CT-NRT is made possible by advance availability of provisional CO2 measurements.  Data providers from Environment Canada, ACT-America, and the NOAA observatory, flask, tall tower, and aircraft programs have agreed to release these near-real time observations, even though the data have not been fully quality-controlled and screened. We thank these data PIs for their continued commitment to making these advance data available.

We have begun preparing our next standard CarbonTracker update, CT2017. This product will include methodological changes necessary for a more reasonable representation of the 2015-16 El Niño in our analysis.

Best Regards,

Andy Jacobson and Ken Schuldt,
for the CarbonTracker team

--